Daytime in Windermere is bustling, with shops, attractions and lots of things going on, but when the sun goes down in the evening, there is just as much going on, if you know where to find it!
Evenings in Windermere are relaxing and enjoyable and one of the best things to do of course is to find a great restaurant for your evening meal. The Urban Food House in Windermere is the best place for you to stop in and have a great meal before heading back to your home or hotel or on to later evening activities in the Windermere area.
Evenings Activities in Windermere
Here are some great things to do in the evening in Windermere either before or after a stop at our great local Windermere restaurant.
- Watch a Movie – The Royalty Cinema is practically opposite The Urban Food House making an evening of ‘dinner and a movie’ really easy! Hosting the latest releases and often seasonal specials, like screening It’s a Wonderful Life at Christmas, the Royalty Cinema always has something great to see.
- Night Walk up Brant Fell – for the more adventurous heading up Brant Fell at night, especially if it a full moon is a great walk that looks completely different at night than it does in the daytime. Don’t forget your torch or headlamp and head up this easy walk after a later dinner to get a unique night-time view of the Lake District.
- Go to the Theatre – The Old Laundry Theatre in Bowness has a great program of events throughout the year, from music, to comedy, film screenings and plays. Located only a few minutes’ walk from the Urban Food House your theatre night will be complete with a delicious meal here.
- Cruise on the Lake – In the summer there are evening cruises that leave from Windermere so you can sail on the lake and see it in a completely different way. Again because of the great location of our restaurant you can time your meal either before or after you sail.
- Watch Live Music – There is often live music playing in Bowness in some of the bars and pubs so take advantage and see if live music sounds better in the Lakes – we think it does!
- Have a Cocktail Party – One of the great things that the Urban Food House is known for is its great cocktail selection, so grab a date or some friends and enjoy a night sampling the cocktails on offer with some small plates for a fun evening out.
- Moonlit walks along the lake shore – if you are feeling romantic then after a meal at Urban Food House head out and take a walk along the lake shore, pick a full moon night for the best effects of moonlight on the water!
Whatever you choose to do in the evenings in Windermere you can start or finish with great food and drinks at our local Windermere restaurant which is in walking distance of all the activities listed above – let us know if you find more exciting evening activities in Windermere to add to our list!